Procrastination is bad and you need to change, but until you do, here are some tips to managing your bad habit.
- When you have things that need to be done on a certain day, mark that it needs to be done 2 days before.
- When you find yourself engaging in mindless activities rather than doing what you should be doing, set your alarm for 10 minutes and when your alarm goes off, and take 15 minutes to do what you are supposed to be doing. Go back to your Facebook games for another 10 minutes, and then back to what you need to be doing for another 15 minutes. It may take a long time, but at least you'll be getting something done.
- When you need to get things done, do them in a nice, organized, and clean room.
- Make a to-do list and check off or cross off what you've already done. It'll make you feel more accomplished and motived to be productive.
- Go to the Library with other productive people, it might make you feel inadequate and drive you to do something. (Warning: If you have dangerously low-self esteem, do not do this.)
- Watch a motivational movie (Legally Blonde always motives me!)
If you have any tips for your fellow procrastinators, leave a comment! Hope this helps!
♥ Marquitta J